- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
Spray both sides of zucchini rounds with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the zucchini rounds for 2 minutes on each side. Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet. Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese and pepperoni pieces, if desired. Broil for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.