Back by popular demand, Barons Backroom Beer Pairing announces Pizza Port Brewing Company as the partner for its upcoming food and local brew speakeasy. On Wednesday, September 30, each of the market’s five Southern California locations will transform loading docks and stock rooms into quaint speakeasies for beer and food lovers. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Barons will donate proceeds to two cancer support organizations: Michelle’s Place in Riverside County and Cancer Angels in San Diego County.
Michelle’s Place, a Temecula-based breast cancer resource center, provides emotional and educational support to anyone living with breast cancer in Riverside County. Cancer Angels of San Diego provides direct relief to San Diegans struggling with severe financial difficulties due to the costs of stage IV cancer. According to Cancer Angels, there are more than 12,000 people in San Diego County currently going through cancer treatment, 3,000 of them stage IV.
In addition to eating and drinking for a cause, Barons hosts its Backroom Beer Pairings to support local breweries and bring the community together for an evening with neighbors and friends.
The delectable menu for September 30 includes:
• Organic chickpea soup with Pizza Port’s Chronic Amber Ale
• Sweet Petite Peppers with Goat Cheese with Pizza Port’s Ponto Session IPA
• Point Reyes blue cheese and roast beef bites with Pizza Port’s Swami’s IPA
• Indian lentil & bean dip with pickled jalapeno and Tacupeto chips with Pizza Port’s Kook Double IPA
• Carrot cake with Pizza Port’s Pick Six Hoppy Pils
To enjoy decadent flavors and local brews for a good cause, head to any Barons Market from 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30. Space is limited, so purchase $15 tickets today.